Dauphin Island is known for having some of the most stunning natural resources and landscapes in Mobile County and the Park & Beach Board makes these resources accessible at a low cost to citizens and visitors. Every visit to one of our parks is an opportunity for the entire family to learn and interact with natural and cultural history of Dauphin Island. The Board’s parks, beaches, trails, exhibits, and other amenities complement and broaden the visitor’s experience to Dauphin Island.
Enjoy the sparkling sand and cool surf of the Gulf of Mexico with beautiful beachfront parks operated by the Dauphin Island Park & Beach Board. Take the hassle out of your day and relax on our naturally scenic beaches and do not forget we are the only pet friendly beach in the region. Whether you are looking to reel in the big one or just exploring the waterways of Dauphin Island, the possibilities are endless.
Hours of operation: 8AM to 6PM
The beaches are open to the public year round and during the Spring and Summer we collect a nominal environmental fee. The revenue from the environmental fee will be used to cover the cost of the Dauphin Island Park & Beach Board to maintain the cleanliness of the public beach. Over time, we will make improvements to current services and add additional services at the public beach and also provide educational programs to beach visitors.
Beach Environmental fees:
RVs, Buses or Trailers $20.00
- Payment is required and park at own risk.
- No refunds.
- The Dauphin Island Park & Beach Board is not liable or responsible for any and all theft or damages to any personal belongings, including vehicles.
- Parking is first come first serve, guest may reenter on the same day if they present their ticket however the Dauphin Island Park & Beach Board cannot guarantee a parking space upon return.
- Park in designated spaces.
- Vehicles illegally parked or obstructing traffic or vehicles left after hours will be towed at owners expense.
- No motorized vehicles on sand dunes or beach.
- “These dunes are not made for walking,” the sand dunes and Sea Oats are Federally protected.
- Please cleanup after yourself and your pets!
- Pets are allowed but please keep them on a leash at all times.
- Fires and grilling is not allowed.
- Glass is not allowed.
- No metal detecting.
If you need medical assistance while on beach please call:
Dauphin Island Police: 251-861-5523